Grundfos is one of the world’s leading pump manufacturers. Our most important aspiration is to develop successfully, produce and sell high quality pumps and pump systems to contribute higher standard of living and healthier environment since our foundation in 1945. We are responsible for our employees, for the environment around us and for our clients, who trust in our work. Grundfos keeps developing its products and services. To reach our goals 2200 people work in the Hungarian manufacturing companies since our start in 2000.
Grundfos keeps developing its products and services, but it is possible with well-qualified professionals only. If you would like to be part of this successful team, we are waiting for your application. We are looking for:
Main purpose of the job
• Copy-editing (rewriting) of English language source texts
• Proof reading English source text and translating into local language (or the other way around)
- Ensuring that the source text is unambiguous, understandable and able to translate into different languages
- Ensuring that the way the text is written aligns with the target audience
- Checking source texts for readability, translatability, ambiguities, plausibility and consistency (also across documents)
- Cooperating with technical review experts (proof readers)
- Maintaining and developing technical terminology.
- Maintaining and developing language quality processes, e.g. the style guide.
- Identifying opportunities for information single-sourcing, e.g. in a DITA methodology
- Participating in relevant stakeholder meetings with the technical communicators
- Representing the end user’s needs for product information
- Technical writing/authoring as a secondary discipline (the team members in the team will be cross trained)
- Planning of own tasks including prioritization within the department task management.
- Orthography, hyphenation, grammar, translations and deviations from the style guide should be corrected by the technical editor.
- Close collaboration with technical communicators (e.g. feeding back repeated mistakes so that similar errors can be avoided in the future)
- The technical editor should collect general changes in terminology and discuss them with the technical communicator and subject matter expert.
- The technical editor can make proposals to the technical communicator for further improvement of the document (focus on creating text and checking language as a parallel process)
What do you need to apply?
- A bachelor or, preferred, a master degree within business English, and possibly more languages (cand.ling.merc. or similar)
- Similar job experience from a previous job is highly appreciated, but not a requirement
- Knowledge about translation tools and terminology in databases
- Knowledge about the translation standard EN15038.
- Has a high attention for details.
- Basic familiarity with HTML, CSS, XML, and related web technologies • Knowledge of standard industry practices in information development and delivery processes
- Basic understanding of topic-based authoring, XML, DITA, and content delivery processes
- Proficiency with authoring tools such as Oxygen XML editor or Adobe FrameMaker
Location: Székesfehérvár, Hungary
We look forward to hearing from you.
Kattintson ide és regisztráljon adatbázisunkban, hogy a toborzás kiválasztásért felelős kollégáink megkereshessék az Önhöz illő állásajánlatokkal. Itt feliratkozhat hírlevelünkre is, így nem marad le egyetlen nyitott pozícióról sem.