Grundfos is one of the world’s leading pump manufacturers. Our most important aspiration is to develop successfully, produce and sell high quality pumps and pump systems to contribute higher standard of living and healthier environment since our foundation in 1945. We are responsible for our employees, for the environment around us and for our clients, who trust in our work. Grundfos keeps developing its products and services. To reach our goals 2200 people work in the Hungarian manufacturing companies since our start in 2000.
Grundfos keeps developing its products and services, but it is possible with well-qualified professionals only. If you would like to be part of this successful team, we are waiting for your application. We are looking for:
Experienced Category Manager with global responsibility for the MRO category
Part of the Indirect Purchase organization
What do we offer?
Do you have experience with negotiating and designing global contracts with indirect suppliers of production maintenance? Here is your chance to gain an international network and be our lead negotiator and driver of defining future supplier concepts in a global organisation. You get to work across cultures and companies to influence our future sourcing strategy and take responsibility for the portfolio of indirect suppliers related to the area of production maintenance, repair and operation (MRO). This covers suppliers of products and services required to maintain the production, but which is not part of our products as such. This could be workwear, hand tools, office supplies, production spareparts, chemicals, personal protection equipment ect.
You will join the team Indirect Purchase, where we are currently 9 colleagues responsible for sourcing of indirect products and services. We are part of a Global Purchase and the majority of the Indirect Purchasing team is based on Denmark, two colleagues are based on Hungary and one in Germany. Other Purchasing colleagues are also based at various locations around Europe. In Indirect Purchase, you join an ambitious team, where your effort and ability to create results makes a difference and has a direct business impact. You refer to Purchase Manager, Indirect Purchase, Ninna Normand Helles, who is also based in Denmark.
“We are a team with ambitions to take Indirect Purchase to an even higher level. We strive to improve our processes, and we are proud of adding value to the business of Grundfos by ensuring optimal prices and commercial terms. Everything we do is centred around partnerships and competitiveness, and we work closely together with internal stakeholders,” Ninna says.
What is the job about?
As Indirect Category Manager for the MRO category, you will be responsible for development and execution of the strategy for suppliers and concepts related to production maintenance, repair and operations. To do this you need to work closely together with the production site in Europe and local indirect purchasers in those plants.
It is your responsibility to:
- Ensure an optimal supplier portfolio
- Identify cost optimization opportunities both locally and across plants
- Execute cost optimization projects across plants
- Support cost optimization projects locally
- Consolidated suppliers and to challenge existing structures and solutions
- Identify concepts and execute to ensure implementation
- Continuously optimize cost, commercial terms and supplier structures
Moreover, you identify main cost drivers and conduct relevant benchmarks, just as you analyse spending to identify savings potential and to consider and compare total cost scenarios.
To succeed in this position requires close co-operation with internal stakeholders, who, to a large extend, defines the requirements and demands. It is therefore important for you to understanding the needs and requirements of our production plants, while you also have the courage, knowledge and foundation to challenge internal stakeholders, concerning habits, existing solutions and concepts.
All in all to increase the overall benefit of Grundfos.
Your primary supplier portfolio will consist of suppliers providing various services or offerings to Grundfos related to production maintenance, such as workwear, hand tools, office supplies, production spareparts, chemicals, personal protection equipment, welding, grinding ect.
You will act as a business partner for the business area managing the daily business related to your sourcing area. Right now, we are looking for colleagues to support the business of MRO.
“It is important that you continuously follow the trends and market development within your area of responsibility to be able to consider relevant benchmarks, market trends and cost drivers. Also, you need to be able to challenge both internal stakeholders and suppliers and be ambitious when you negotiate,” Ninna explains.
What do you need to apply?
- You have extensive experience from a similar positions in other international companies, where you have gained extensive knowledge of both supplier structures and MRO concepts.
- You are used to work in an international environment and to optimize both suppliers and processes across plants or units.
- You have a relevant commercial master or bachelor degree combined with at least 5 years of experience as lead negotiator and solid experience within MRO.
- You are a skilled and confident negotiator with experience from an international organisation, and have experience with managing in international supplier portfolio.
- You are an expert within use of e-sourcing tools and understand how to balance the use of these with other means of communication.
- You aim at creating results and do not settle with least acceptable and dare to challenge existing concepts and solutions.
- You have experience with defining and execution of sourcing strategies.
- You are good at building and developing relations and you dare to challenge previous beliefs and traditions, if it can lead to new and unexplored opportunities beneficial to Grundfos.
- You speak and write English at professional negotiation level.
Location: Székesfehérvár, Hungary
Kattintson ide és regisztráljon adatbázisunkban, hogy a toborzás kiválasztásért felelős kollégáink megkereshessék az Önhöz illő állásajánlatokkal. Itt feliratkozhat hírlevelünkre is, így nem marad le egyetlen nyitott pozícióról sem.